Meet Tita Jane, also known as Tita Techie, a Filipina (Pinay) who loves geeky stuff and considers herself a Digital ImmigrAUNT (pun intended).
A bit of trivia about this Tita…
- First programming language learned was COBOL (no kidding!) and submitted her programs for encoding on punch cards (no kidding also!)
- Was so excited over her first laptop which she bought in the U.S. and lugged back to the Philippines because it was one of Dell’s high-end laptops at that time — with a built-in fax software and disk storage of 20 MB (you did not read that wrong. MB!)
- Gets sentimental remembering her early days working with MS-DOS and C-prompt commands, Wordstar, PageMaker, Lotus 1-2-3, and a bit of VisiCalc before Excel came into the picture.
- Remembers the sounds of a dial-up modem and regrets throwing away her U.S. Robotics modem. Is happy though that she still has her IBM flowcharting template and Beeper 150 pager.
- Thought she had had enough of IT consulting and computer audits when she turned to blogging in 2006 but realized that IT and geekiness will always be in her blood — reason why this blog was created.
- Gets a lot more excited over a gadget rather than the latest fashionable women’s wear
- Hopes to continue covering the IT world by maintaining this tech blog
- Will write about anything tech that catches her fancy and which she thinks you’d love to read. And that includes her MacGyver-like discoveries under her How To’s category
- Wants to tell other Titas that there is no age limit to geekiness. Once a Digital ImmigrAUNT, always a Digital ImmigrAUNT!
Tech isn’t all I write about. Here are my other blog sites: