Shopping after the Christmas rush is the best! No crowds, no lines, and many items are on sale. That’s why I went shopping yesterday. Guess what made my shopping even easier — I got to experience just how quick and painless paying is using my PayMaya QR code feature on my smartphone.
My ME time took me to SM Megamall. I had not been to Megamall in a while so I immediately noticed new layouts. All of the checkout counters were ready for mobile payments with a Mobile Pay Lane.
I needed some hand bags so I headed for the bag section and was so happy to see that many bag brands were on sale – as much as 50% off! I must have spent over an hour just walking back and forth in that section, trying bags, selecting, then changing my mind, until I finally settled on two.
Next, I bought 2 belts to replace those that were already worn out. I was ready to check out!
Seriously, it took me longer to wait in line in front of the checkout counter than it took to process my purchases. When I got to the counter, the cashier scanned my purchases. Meanwhile, I had logged on to my PayMaya app, pressed the Scan button, and scanned SM’s QR code. Here’s a short video of what I did.
The steps after scanning the QR code were simple.
1. Check that the correct merchant store is reflected on the screen.
2. Enter the total purchase amount. Review everything before pressing ‘Continue’.
3. Review the amount you keyed in plus the merchant store. If okay, click ‘Pay’.
4. Success!!! You’ll see this screen to confirm the fund transfer from your PayMaya account to the merchant store. A reference ID is included for control.
That was so painless!!! I plan to go back and do more shopping on a weekend with my sons. They just began working so I promised to get them an office shirt each (because you can never have too many shirts for work!).
I have already been using the PayMaya plastic card I carry around with me because at the moment, most establishments still require the presentation of the card. But when you visit Robinsons Galleria and all The SM Store branches nationwide, choose to use the QR code feature. It is so much faster and puts you in total control of the payment process.
Because it was so easy for me to shop using the PayMaya QR code, I also want YOU to have a similar shopping experience. My blog has partnered with PayMaya to give a lucky someone PayMaya credits worth PhP 5,000 (no kidding…five thousand pesos in PayMaya credits that you can use to buy ANYTHING for yourself or that special someone in ANY establishment accepting PayMaya.)
Here are the mechanics of my giveaway.
- Download the PayMaya app from Google Play or the App Store and open a PayMaya account using a Philippine mobile number.
- The giveaway runs on Twitter and Facebook. Join one or both.
- To join on Twitter, follow me at @titatechie AND @philippinebeat. Also follow @PayMayaOfficial. Share my tweet about this post and answer: “How would you use PayMaya to share the love this New Year?”. Use the hashtag #PayMayaShareTheLove and tag me at either @titatechie or @philippinebeat.
- To join on Facebook, follow me at facebook.com/philippinebeat. Follow PayMaya on facebook.com/PayMayaOfficial. Share the blog post from my page to your own wall together with your answer: “How would you use PayMaya to share the love this New Year?”. Use the hashtag #PayMayaShareTheLove and tag my Facebook Page.
- You can submit as many entries as you want on Twitter and/or my Facebook Page but each entry must 1) share this blog post, 2) answer the question posed above, 3) contain the official hashtag #PayMayaShareTheLove, and 4) must tag my account. Also make sure your entries are public so I can see them. English or Filipino can be used.
- Giveaway period begins Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:01AM and will end on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 11:59PM. Entries posted before and after these dates and times indicated will be excluded.
One (1) winner will be chosen from among those who fulfilled all requirements. The decision is final.
The winner will be announced on facebook.com/philippinebeat not later than Saturday, January 13. If the winner has a Twitter account, I will also tag the winner on Twitter. The winner will have to respond and send me his/her mobile number within a week from the announcement of the winner so PayMaya could load the credits . A non-response means the winner forfeits the prize and I will choose a second winner.
Want to know more about the other features of PayMaya? Here are other posts I made: