I first got introduced to Vivo Philippines a few weeks back when Vivo treated us to a cinematic experience at SM’s IMAX Cinema to watch Captain America: Civil War. During that event, I got to check out the Vivo Y51 smartphone, which targeted the young generation of millennials.
This time, in another event at the Rizal Ballroom of the Makati Shangri-la Hotel, Vivo Philippines announced their upcoming smartphone which goes by the tagline “Faster than Faster” — the Vivo V3Max.
The V3Max is Vivo’s first premium mid-range smartphone offering in the Philippines. It has a 5.5″ screen display, 4GB RAM, and 32GB storage that is expandable to 128GB. It also comes with a 3,000 mAh battery. Its affordable SRP price of PhP 16,990 brings so many features that higher-end smartphones actually have, with additional features I found very interesting. Here are some of them:
* Faster than Faster – We start with this because it is the V3Max’s tagline. With 4GB of RAM inside the V3Max, everything becomes so much faster. 4GB RAM smartphones are usually in the high-end category so finding it in this mid-range phone is something!
* Quick Fingerprint Unlock – Opening the V3Max with your fingerprint clocks in at 0.5 seconds (from sleep mode) and only 0.2 seconds (from wake mode). Unlike many phones where the fingerprint sensor is found in the Home button alone, the V3Max has a fingerprint AT THE BACK. So even if you are just holding the phone with one hand, you can unlock it by putting your finger on the sensor.
* Smart screen-split – Most smartphones now allow you to keep apps open but you will still need to do an extra step of shifting from app to app. With the V3Max, you can split the screen because there is enough screen estate (5.5 inches) to allow that. So you may be watching a video and be able to open a window when SMS comes in and reply without interrupting the video.
* Fast charging – The V3Max can go from 10% battery life to 75% battery in just 45 minutes using its fast charger.
* Funtouch OS 2.5 – There is a very smart OS layer based on the Android Lollipop 5.1 in the Vivo V3Max — the Funtouch OS. Funtouch brings even more productive features into the phone to make the user experience so much better. Some of the key features of Funtouch include:
— Quick Control Center lets you access recent tasks, brightness control, and quick switches all in one place
— Smart Wake lets you use gestures to access dedicated apps even while the screen is still off
— One-Handed Operations lets small hands hold the V3Max and still type with one hand by shrinking the screen and the keyboard.
— Fun and personalized features like customizable themes, camera modes like Face Beauty, Filter, and Watermark
— S Capture lets you capture a long article or screen chat in one go rather than getting screenshots of parts of an entire article/chat.
— I Manager monitors your phone status, cleans all the mess in the phone, app authorization, and secures privacy. It’s a dedicated ‘butler’ that watches out for your phone.
The Vivo V3Max will be available in major retailers in Manila, Cebu, and Davao by May 21. Pre-orders are being accepted now and those who pre-order the phone will also receive a Vivo tumbler, Vivo selfie stick, Vivo stand ring, and an on-the-go USB cable (only till supplies last).