In 2010, a group of techie friends, who also happen to be good friends of my kids, joined the Microsoft 2010 Imagine Cup and came home as the grand champions in the Game Design category. Their Wildfire game, all about saving the world by addressing the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) was simple and yet very engaging.
They called themselves By Implication.
Using their winnings and their creativity, the By Implication team is now a group of developers who make games and apps. Last November 18, they launched their very first game for the iPhone – Scram.
Scram is a first-person running game in which players must run through nightmarish dreamscapes, as they are pursued by an unseen threat. It features immersive 3-D graphics, fast-paced twitch gameplay, original theme music, leaderboards, Game Center achievements, retina display support, and Twitter integration for iOS 5 users.
Check out this trailer:
Intrigued enough? Want to play the full version of the game?
You also have a chance to win 1 of 10 promo codes that the By Implication team is giving away. Here’s how.
1. What are you running from? Tweet something interesting to answer that question. The ten (10) most fascinating entries will be selected and will each win a promo code for Scram. The format of the tweet is:
(Write whatever it is you’re running from). What are YOU running from? #scramgame http://tiny.cc/scram
Here’s how it should look:
2. Promo is from November 24, 2011 at 9PM till December 1, 2011 at midnight. Winners will be notified and announced by December 3, 2011.
3. One tweet is one entry. (Note: If your Twitter timeline is private, your tweet may not be seen by the developers and may not be counted.)
4. Each entry must be in the proper format, with the proper hashtag and links included in the tweet.
5. You may submit up to 5 entries. Additional entries after the 5th entry don’t count.
6. Winners may only win ONE copy of the game.
7. The organizers of the promo reserve the right to take action against anyone caught doing something less than honest (fair is fair, okay?)
For details of promo mechanics, click HERE
To check out the game’s website, click HERE
To buy the game at the Apple App Store, click HERE